♥️ Paging Cardiology šŸ„

 Friday August 14th


Spectacular sky this morning


Another week of rehab is in the books.  Feeling really good about my progress this week. Both Melissa and Rammjot have ramped up their focus on my left arm/hand. šŸ’ŖšŸ¤š Getting my left elbow and shoulder moving feels really good now… Been pretty dormant the last six weeks or so. Still significant weakness, but the tone (stiffness/spasticity) is starting to decrease, albeit slowly, which is a good thing.





This afternoon Jillian and I had a phone consultation with Dr. Puley, a cardiologist at Trillium hospital.  He will be performing the PFO closure on me on Tuesday, August 25th.  During this procedure he will implant an AMPLATZER PFO Occluder in my heart.  This is a device specifically designed to stop blood flow through the PFO. The device will remain permanently implanted.  The Occluder is made from a Nitinol wire mesh with shape memory characteristics.  Nitinol is a metal alloy of nickel and titanium.  Pretty incredible stuff!  
AMPLATZER PFO Occluder





Check out this awesome one minute video… It shows just how beautifully simplistic the procedure is.šŸ˜¬






This kind of explains the science...


Class is dismissed. šŸ¤“




Have a great weekend!  This will be the last one with me on the sidelines... so MAKE IT COUNT! šŸ˜šŸ•ŗ♥️šŸ’Ŗ



7 more sleeps...




Comments

  1. That is amazing Adam! I just found the link to your blog hidden in my junk mail. Its been great catching up on your progress. You got this!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In sickness and in health šŸ¤µ šŸ‘°

Spasticity šŸ§