Premonition? ♥️

 Thursday August 13th


Hike along the shores of Lake Superior...Morning of July 9th.


July 9 was the day of my stroke.. It was just another picture perfect day on our vacation. We went for a hike to see the pictographs on the cliffs along the shores of Lake Superior.  It was, at times, a precarious hike as you can see by the picture top right. It required all the dexterity we had… Crawling on those rocks.  I think about that day all the time. I guess mostly because it was the last day since then that we spent as a family.  It really was a perfect summer day. The sun shining, the lake was still.  Nobody knew what lay in store that afternoon.

I remember the next morning waking up in the hospital. I couldn’t feel anything on the left side of my body or face. My face felt frozen. Did it look different? I pulled my phone out of my pocket, opened the camera, and put it in selfie mode… Yikes!  But it’s not so much what I remember seeing that morning looking back at me, but the previous picture that I had taken. It was a picture from the day before on the beach...of Olivia, Max and Lucy playing in the water.  It was a typically adorable picture of three kids being silly… they were flexing like bodybuilders.  

Or perhaps maybe, just maybe, they were telling me how strong I was going to have to be.  
šŸ¤·šŸ¼‍♂️♥️šŸ’ŖšŸ˜Š




As my discharge date rapidly approaches I feel like there’s a new pep in my step!  A week tomorrow and I’ll be home!  And it doesn’t hurt either to have another visitor today and a friend drop off dinner for me! 




 Thanks for stopping by Tom...it was great to see you and thanks for the yummy homemade cookies šŸŖ.


And thanks to Canham for my delicious homemade rib dinner! šŸ– 
#Heartsmart


This was in the bag too...don’t worry, I drank it. šŸ™„
#Contraband



8 more sleeps... šŸ„± 





Comments

  1. Adem, we have read this blog and it is amazing to see how you are doing. As from day one you are so positive minded! Respect for the Kids also because they have to miss you for more than a month now. Greeting from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Adam. As always, but even more so today, we are touched by your reflections about what happened one month ago. How beautifully moving are your comments about the message the children in the water may have wanted to give you. With our love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the ribs! Canham saved me a small portion of beans. Also glad you enjoyed the Caesar! Cheers to you xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In sickness and in health šŸ¤µ šŸ‘°

Spasticity šŸ§