In sickness and in health šŸ¤µ šŸ‘°

 Sunday August 16th




36 nights.  

36 straight nights i’ve spent in the hospital...5 more to go.  

That’s 36 nights not at home. 36 nights not at home with Jillian.  36 nights not tucking the kids into bed.  Those first few days after my stroke were like a blur. Just trying to figure out what had happened, how things were going to change, and what lay ahead of me.  

Through all of it, Jillian was incredible. In ‘crisis mode’ as she put it. Driving the RV back to the SOO.  Calling for back up help, getting the kids settled in the hotel in Sault Ste. Marie, at my side in the hospital.

  For 36 straight days she has been right by my side.  There to hold my hand, give me a hug, or encourage me. We cried together....more than once.  There through all the doctor šŸ©ŗ meetings asking all the questions that I didn’t know to ask.  

Bringing me dinners, bringing me lunches, bringing me coffees ☕️, bringing me snacks.  She brought me a coffee machine. She brought me clothes. She took back my dirty laundry.  Over and over.  She brought me pillows. She brought me flowers. She brought me the mail.  

She showered me.šŸšæ  She cut my hair.  She cut my nails.  She pushed me around endlessly in a wheelchair.šŸ§‘‍šŸ¦½ She brought me outside for fresh air.  She’s done everything.  And more. 

I would be hopelessly lost without her. 
To be honest, I’m not sure I would’ve survived without her.  
But I do know that with her, I will survive and be better than ever.  
For her. For me. For the kids. For us.

In sickness and in health. šŸ¤µ šŸ‘° 



♥️



Comments

  1. ❤️❤️❤️ Grateful beyond measure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings tears to my eyes. Together you are better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also crying some tears realizing how profound this experience has been for you both. Also tears of joy re the strength you both have shown and the woderful, solid marriage you both enjoy. Thank you for inspiring us all....you are teaching us what's truly important every single day. C'mon discharge day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. You both are an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great that you have each other. I am no doctor, but I am sure having a strong partner ( and family), and great attitude is making a huge difference in your recovery

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are rockstars together Adam and Jillian. You make this look easy by the smiles and positivity on your faces, yet I’m sure this has been the toughest journey of your lives. Keep it going... it will pay off. Thank you for sharing your story... your strength is so incredibly inspiring šŸ’œ! Kim xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful couple you are, and dear friends. Amazing as individuals, and even better together. Love you guys xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fav post yet! Adam and Jillian you are a wonderful team. You are both amazing. Stay strong and I wish you continued successes in the weeks to come. Can’t wait to see you go home Adam!! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both are an inspiration to all of us!! Together always stronger!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You both are an inspiration to all of us!! Together always stronger!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You both are an inspiration to all of us!! Together always stronger!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great post! Cheers to you Jillian, and strength to you Adam. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spasticity šŸ§