3 weeks post stroke

Friday July 31


Powerful 



Finally!  The long weekend is here...Time to head up north and enjoy the great outdoors. Soak up some sun, jump in the lake, relax by the fire, take it easy.  

Oh hang on… I’m in the hospital....šŸ¤•...and I’m right where I’m supposed to be.  

Exactly 3 weeks ago this morning, I woke up in the hospital in Sault Ste. Marie and the left side of my body was totally paralyzed. Zero movement in my leg and foot. Zero movement in my arm and hand. Speech greatly affected.  Left side of my face frozen. You could draw a line right down the middle of my body… every square inch on the left side was numb.  

BUT LOOK AT ME NOW!



I’m not gonna lie… I’m pretty pleased with myself. šŸ˜Š


It’s not something I was expecting to be dealing with right now, but I’m doing it. Learning how to walk all over again.   I’ve had so much great support here at the hospital.  The physiotherapy team has been amazing. All kinds of gadgets, devices, tricks of the trade, and drills to help get me back up and moving again.  And I’ve come along way since taking those first few steps. And I’m confident that I’ll be all the way back soon enough.

♥️šŸ’ŖšŸ˜€









Comments

  1. Love Oprah!!! Wishing you a great weekend Adam!! Xoxox. Hopefully full of love and more surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing progress! Keep it up. xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing baby brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your attitude and commitment are amazing. Wish they could bottle it as so inspiring! Keep up all the hard work. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam you have built a wonderful life. Your humour, determination, beautiful family and amazing attitude will allow you to triumph during this time. The progress is outstanding. Congratulations! Your future is so bright!! Xo mary Fran and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Humbled. Texting you as Jim and I have your phase 4 moves planned. BIG LOVE from your favourite neighbours šŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Son
    We are so proud of what you have achieved since that terrible phone call three weeks ago, when Jillian wisely decided to take you immediately to the hospital in Sault Ste Marie. Your strength of character, your determination, your drive to improve and show Jillian and your 4 wonderful children, that daddy was working hard to be back with them. And throughout, you showed such a positive attitude, faith and sense of humor. We have missed being with you, but our contacts have kept us close! Stay strong and take it from a civil engineer: “The road to success is always under construction!”
    We love you so much, Adam! Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark & Diane CollinsAugust 2, 2020 at 5:00 PM

    That is so impressive Adam. You are an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everytime we watch one of your videos..we cheer,clap ,laugh etc.....
    ."look what he has accomplished"
    We believe in you!!!!!~!

    ReplyDelete
  10. grandma..that is your aunt from Bville
    love you...the senior Tukkers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great to see you booking it down the hallway!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In sickness and in health šŸ¤µ šŸ‘°

Spasticity šŸ§