Spasticity 🧠

Thursday July 30

Spectacular Dawn sky this morning



Stroke recovery, as I am learning, can be extremely frustrating.  My body has gone from a state of paralysis or flaccidity, to a state of spasticity.  Spasticity is an increase of muscle stiffness and tone which can interfere with making voluntary, or desired movements.  This is where the frustration really kicks in.  To work on this we are doing  passive range of motion exercises were the therapist moves my joints and limbs.  They also use active assisted range of motion exercises, where the therapist helps me practice or complete the movements.  

Recovery is slow. It takes time. It cannot be rushed. I have to get my head around the fact that all I can do is be patient and continue to focus on the things that I can control… Keep doing my exercises… Keep working hard with the therapists.... And keep being positive!


I CAN...I WILL...I MUST!

This video, from last weekend shows how something that is normally so easy, has become so difficult.  Pass the lid, would ya?

The struggle is real🙄




                               22 more sleeps!



Comments

  1. You are remarkable. Listening to your laughs together in the face of such frustration... You should have a stage much bigger than us because your attitude inspires and makes a difference in the lives of others, thank you for perspective, thank you for being you.

    From one of the many on your cheering squad, GO ADAM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a real inspiration to us all Adam! Such a great attitude and perseverance! Keep on going. We are rooting for you big time. Best, Sarah, Kyle, Charlotte, Campbell and Carter Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Adam - sending hugs. Love that you're laughing - I'd be, " F this! ", but yep - patience, patience, patience. It will happen. Your positive personality and that joker in you will keep you going. Thanks Adam for sending these messages. Really appreciate hearing from you. Just can't wait to see you walking up a slushy snow slope again soon xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will get there! I know it! xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Can, You Will, You Must... I am willing to place a bet on that! A sure windfall! Keep on laughing! xo LD, HA, DA and MA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear and see that you're só motivated Adam!. I'm sure that that's half the battle, if not more. Keep your spirits up..likely to be difficult at times, but so many people are rooting for you, not in the least of course your family. And me too!
    Love,
    Ciska


    ReplyDelete
  7. You will nail it, and look back as having conquered (while still being hilarious in the process).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In sickness and in health 🤵 👰