A hug from DAD šŸ‘Ø‍šŸ‘¦

Tuesday August 18th


Let me start with the BEST part of my day…

August 18th, 2020

As of today the hospital is allowing a visitor a day… And it can be a different person every day.  The only member of my family that I hadn’t seen since my stroke...was my Dad!  It was so great to see him, and to hug him. I think that’s the longest we’ve ever hugged. 
And as the tears streamed down my face, all I could say was “it should be me visiting you in the hospital”. šŸ˜­  
šŸ‘Ø‍šŸ‘¦
“Oh don’t worry...that parts still coming” he said. šŸ˜†  


5 years ago today, the two of us along with Max, were on a boys camp trip.  Let’s hope that 5 years from now we’re camping together again!
August 18th, 2015



But hey… Check out where my hand was in that first picture!!!  I could barely get my left hand belt high a couple weeks ago. I’m pretty pleased with myself. šŸ˜Š 

Dad brought me the WallStreetJournal and a lottery ticket… If I win, I’m gonna split with him 50/50.  Seems fair. šŸ¤·‍♂️
  šŸ€ šŸ¤ž 




It only took 40 days of hospital breakfasts...but I finally got eggs. šŸ„ššŸ„šA plain omelette with a side of pancake bites.  

Of course. šŸ˜





As for dinner, compliments of Alison Richmond.....WOW!!  I need that potato recipe STAT! 





STAT: A common medical abbreviation for urgent or rush. From the Latin word statum, meaning 'immediately
šŸ˜‰


I sent Jillian to go pick up a cane for me....wrong size?  šŸ˜”
Oh.... oh hang on..... it’s adjustable!  ALL GOOD....thanks honey.  šŸ˜˜ 





Thank goodness for FaceTime… It’s been a great way to keep in touch with Tukker.  šŸ¶ 




✌️2 MORE SLEEPS ‘TIL DADDY’S HOME!
❌⭕️







Comments

  1. So glad to see your smiling face and that you are doing so well. And you made me tear up thinking about seeing your dad. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is an update. So amazing to see you and your Dad together, I am sure you had few people on here with tears at the thought of that Joy. Not sure what I am laughing at more - your Dad's response or your cane image. Thanks for the good read, enjoy those last two nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark & Diane CollinsAugust 18, 2020 at 9:01 PM

    More than a few tears shed out here the past couple days. You are soooo lucky to have the family and friends you have, and floor great that you recognize and appreciate the POJ in your life (Power of Jillian).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!! So happy for you and your dad!❤️ Just call the pancake bites”poffertjes “ for a day! Eats differently šŸ˜‚
    Keep going strong and go home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a heartwarming update Adam...thank you for sharing! Congratulations on such amazing progress... enjoy the excitement of going home!šŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you win the lottery too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture with your dad. You’re obviously both doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best update ever! Fingers crossed for the lotto ticket!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In sickness and in health šŸ¤µ šŸ‘°

Spasticity šŸ§