Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Tuesday July 21

My target discharge date has been set for August 21....31 more sleeps until I’m home!
But who’s counting?



There’s definitely lots of opportunity for self-analysis here.There are mirrors on the wall, mirrors on wheels, big mirrors, small mirrors… All for keeping an eye on form and function as we work.  They reveal flaws, but they also show progress.  Progress is the goal.
 
Hall of mirrors 



The highlight of the day for me was doing a little gait training.  

No, not this kind of gate training...


This kind of GAIT training.


For this I was going on the BioDex gait training system, which is basically a fancy word for a treadmill.  First they had to get the harness on me, and then it was time to hook me up to the ceiling.  



Unfortunately I didn’t get any pics of me actually on the treadmill but this is basically what it look like. The only difference being I was hanging from a bracket on the ceiling. 
My physiotherapist Melissa even put on some heavy duty gloves and assisted my left foot as I went for my walk.   

Between the elderly folks and the diminutive staff, I constantly feel like a giant in this place. Today in that harness, I felt like a horse, training for the derby in the stables!  šŸŽ 






Comments

  1. You are doing amazing and think being a gentle giant will truly add to your recovery. Glad you have a tentative discharge date. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Giant - keep up the great work! So happy you have a date on the calendar, something to work towards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In sickness and in health šŸ¤µ šŸ‘°

Spasticity šŸ§